Jess and Brandon have a magical Mile Square story. They met at 10th & Willow, a Hoboken staple, and bonded over their mutual love for Boston sports. Eventually, they started dating and discovered they were next door neighbors on Willow Avenue — destiny! And so ensued their Hoboken romance, which eventually led to their forever.
During Jess & Brandon’s engagement session, we recreated their story at these special spots and snapped some shots at the iconic Hoboken waterfront. Read more about their story below!
- MSM: How did you meet?
- J&B: Thursday night at 10th and Willow Bar and Grill. The night of the Boston bomber manhunt, Brandon was out wearing his Celtics jacket, which caught my eye at the bar. We started talking about that week’s events, growing up in the area, and exchanged numbers. However, it took nearly six weeks for us to see each other again, at which point we realized we were next door neighbors! We met up to watch the Bruins go through the Stanley Cup playoffs, which lasted several weeks and gave us hours to talk and get to know each other. The rest is history!
- MSM: How long have you been dating in the Mile Square City?
- J&B: Four years and counting!
- MSM: What are your favorite places in Hoboken?
- J&B: We love the Hoboken waterfront and have spent a lot of time taking in the view over the last several years. We also love central Hoboken, where we met and lived near each other for two years.
- MSM: What is your favorite memory in Hoboken together?
- J&B: Our first real date – we had dinner at Robongi, closed out Cork City, then sat on our roof to look at the city skyline. Other favorites would have to be the day Brandon officially asked me to be his girlfriend at Pier 13, and all of the birthdays, new years and holidays we’ve celebrated here.
- MSM: When is the big day?
- J&M: 9/2/18!
Visit Jess & Brandon’s gallery to see more from their engagement session.
– Devin Weakland, Owner & Photographer, Mile Square Moments LLC