Abby & Kenny were dating for almost three years in Hoboken/Jersey City when Kenny popped the question this past October. They’ll tie the knot on New Year’s Eve 2018! They now call Jersey City home, so we shot some engagement photos on a wonderfully wintery afternoon in Liberty State Park with sweeping views of the NYC skyline and the Statue of Liberty. Keep reading to see more photos and learn more about this fun couple.
- MSM: How did you meet?
- Abby & Kenny: Kenny and I met in Las Vegas on a group vacation about 6 years ago. Kenny likes to say that he ‘hit the jackpot’ when he met me (insert eye roll here). We had our moments throughout the years where we would see each other on and off, and after not talking for almost two years, we reconnected. That was almost 3 years ago and we’ve been so happy since then!
- MSM: How did he propose?
- A&K: Kenny proposed this past October in Telluride, Colorado. We were visiting a friend out there who unbeknownst to me, was in on the proposal months prior to our trip. We were staying at a local hotel at the bottom of the mountain and took a gondola to the top for what I thought was just pre-dinner drinks. Kenny proposed to me at the top of the mountain with the most gorgeous views I’ve ever seen, while our friend was secretly taking pictures of the proposal.
- MSM: How long have you been dating in Hoboken/Jersey City?
- A&K: We’ve been dating for almost 3 years in Hoboken/Jersey City. For the first 10 months we were dating, I lived in Hoboken and Kenny lived in Jersey City. For the remainder of our relationship, I’ve been living with Kenny in Jersey City. I was super reluctant to leave Hoboken, but Jersey City has definitely become my home.
- MSM: What are your favorite spots in Jersey City?
- A&K: We love Newark Ave In Jersey City, specifically the section that is closed off from cars and only open to pedestrians. There are some really great bars and restaurants there, and it’s an especially interesting spot to be near as the city continues to grow and evolve.
- MSM: What are your favorite memories together in Hoboken/Jersey City?
- A&K: Our favorite memory is hands down our first date at Onieals in Hoboken. After not speaking for two years, Kenny and I reconnected and found out that we were neighbors (me living in Hoboken and him living in Jersey City). The intention was just to meet up for a drink and catch up as friends, but we both quickly knew that this was going to be something more. We sat at the bar for hours talking and laughing, and we’ve been together ever since. We still like to go back there and feel extra nostalgic from time to time 🙂
- MSM: When’s the big day?!
- A&K: The big day is December 31, 2018! We’re so excited to have our friends and family around to celebrate our marriage and the new year!
Visit Abby & Kenny’s gallery to see more of their shoot.
– Devin Weakland, Owner & Photographer, Mile Square Moments LLC